[matomo_opt_out language=gb background_color=fff font_color=000 font_size=14px font_family=Arial]
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
HowLongisTheQ.com (HLITQ) does not collect your name, address, date of birth or any other information which would personally identify you. But to be able to provide a minimally useful service HLITQ
- collects the location you provide to show stores around you and to prevent fraudulent behaviour (e.g. submitting queue lengths to stores you are not close to)
- generates one random string of numbers which will be stored on your device to mitigate fraudulent behaviour (e.g. repeatedly and purposefully submitting incorrect queue numbers)
- store the queue length you entered yourself (only in case you have provided one)
None of the above data identifies you personally. The data is anonymous and HLITQ has no means of connecting this data to a person.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
HLITQ collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with the best service which is showing you information in your close proximity e.g. length of a queue
- Mitigate fraudulent behaviour
HLITQ will not share the data with any other company or service other than what we would be obliged to by law.
How do we store your data?
HLITQ securely stores your data at Hostinger data centers.
HLITQ will keep your geo-location data for the amount of time it is useful to provide the best service for you and your community but no longer than six months. Once this time period has expired, your data is automatically deleted.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – HLITQ uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website to mitigate potential fraudulent behaviour
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Email us at: hello@howlongistheQ.com
However – as we do not collect or store any personally identifiable information of anyone we might need to ask when exactly you used the service and what you have entered into it in order to provide you with the information you are seeking.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that HowLongIsTheQ.com has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane